The mission of the R.A.Y.S. is to improve student character and increase civic participation by providing and facilitating well-planned and organized community service and service learning opportunities for our local community.
What does R.A.Y.S. STAnd FOR?
R.A.Y.S. stands for Randall Area Youth Service. It is an academic elective class composed of a diverse group of students with leadership potential. These students seek to identify genuine community needs and develop service-learning projects designed to meet those needs. The class objectives include:
- Teaching the Randall faculty how to use the service-learning teaching method in their subject areas.
- Reviewing and approving mini-grants for teachers wanting to do service-learning projects.
- Assisting teachers with their service-learning projects.
- Planning 3 school wide community service activities.
- Communicating area volunteer, community service, or service-learning opportunities to Randall students.
- Documenting Randall students’ community service hours and correlated academic, social, and civic growth.